Tuesday, January 22, 2008

#222: Jubilation: A Poem by Cedric

Dark clouds go away!
You're not gonna spoil my day.
For happiness is all around,
Undefinable joy that I have found.

It all happened yesterday,
The sun was smiling, the clouds were gay,
Dad fetched me to my destiny,
Somewhere in PJ- but that's doesn't matter to me.

We arrived at a building,
Walked the stairs- I was shaking,
With excitement of something exciting,
By the time I reached the door, I was grinning.

I said hi to the lady,
Who said I'll be with you shortly,
And came back with MY treasure,
MY beautiful treasure I was to keep forever.

I went back to the car with Dad and Mum,
My heart was beating like a drum,
I looked down into my hand,
And laid my eyes on a prize so grand.

Across a strip of paper- big bold words screamed,
'SWITCHFOOT LIVE IN MALAYSIA'- I was in a dream,
I am content- even more than that,
I am happy- how bout that?

No comments: