Monday, February 4, 2008

#228: Switchfoot Live In KL: The Unspeakable Concert


Switchfoot was...

Wait. Not enough build-up.

Even if Jessica Alba held my hand on Saturday, Switchfoot would still be the biggest thing to happen all day.

Nope. Still not enough.

If aliens with pink teeth and green eyeballs invaded our planet and killed Jessica Alba, Switchfoot would still be the biggest thing to happen all day.

The concert from my point of view. Coincidently, this is the video from YouTube with the best quality. Just move left a good 10 feet and you'll be me.

For those who did not make it, I'm musing over whether to drown you with pity or to just rub it in your face.

I'm at a loss for words describing Saturday's concert. Where do I start? With the gangster lights? Or the insane energy exhibited by the band? How about the flawless sound system? Here's the bottomline: This is one of, if not the best thing that ever happened to me in my 5,760 days on this planet.

They just blow me away. I seriously cannot describe it to you. (You'll only understand if you were there yourself, and (almost) as die-hard a fan as me. (I'm ONLY ONE OF A KIND. you can't be/beat me.)

I'd have emptied my bank account for Saturday. (ONLY figure of speech in this post, mind you) Worth every cent of what I paid.

"For me, I see so many inconsistencies in the way I want to see the world and the way it is. There's a tension that exists between who I am and who I wanna be. And so many times for me, the release is found in song. The release is found in music. And I'd like to thank you for being a part of that dream tonight."

-Jon Foreman

And that's all you're gonna get from me. Unless, I've been talking my head off about it to you.
Up next: When Cedric met Jon Foreman. *gasp*

No comments: