Friday, August 31, 2007

#159: OST Cedric

So I saw this 'tag' from Ah Foo's blog, and I thought it'd be cool to try it out too. So here it goes...

If your life was a teen/chick lit movie (in typical Hollywood fashion), what would its soundtrack be?

So, here's how it works:

1. Open your library. (iTunes, Windows Media Player, iPod, etc.)
2. Turn on 'shuffle'.
3. Press 'play'.
4. For every section, type the song that's playing.
5. When you're on to a new question, press 'next'on your player.
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool by hiding your Hilary Duff and Westlife songs.


Opening credits:
'Girl of the Year' by FM Static- "Stand clear, she's the girl of the year. And there's no use in trying to get her off my mind." A good movie always starts with punk rock.

Waking up:
'Porcelain Heart' by Barlow Girl- " Someone said 'A broken heart would sting at first then make you stronger..." Okay, maybe I didn't sleep well the last night. I don't always wake up emo okay?!

First day of school:
'Something About The Name Jesus' by Kirk Franklin- "Something about the name Jesus. It is the sweetest name I know." Going to school holy is good, isn't it?

Falling in love:
'Here Comes the Sun' by The Beatles- "Here comes the sun, I say it's alright..." Maybe cuz the girl of my dreams would be glowing? This soundtrack is getting pretty weird.

Fight song:
'There You'll Be' by Faith Hill- " In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky..." I am the most romantic break up-er, aren't I?

Breaking up:
'Pleading the Fifth' by Relient K- "And in the courtroom the judge will not catch wind of this. Up there on the stand I plead the fifth." It's a courtroom song, so I guess this works.

Prom:
'Kiss Me' by Sixpence None The Richer- "Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight..." One word. Fu-yoh! Okay, that was two.

Life is okay:
'Can I Stay Here Forever' by Starfield.- "A brand new thought, and a brand new world. Can I stay here forever here with You?" It's a song to God. I guess He makes my life okay?

Mental breakdown:
'Just For You' by Paradise Live- "You gave all you had, just for me." Losing my head to a worship song. I have nothing to say.

Driving:
'Yellow' by Coldplay "Look at the stars, look how they shine for you. And it was all yellow." Finally! Something that makes sense!

Flashback:
'Hands Down' by Dashboard Confessional -"My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me.
So won't you kill me? So I die happy." My soundtrack is back on track. Hey! That rhymes!

Getting back together:
'Our God is An Awesome God' by Kirk Franklin- "Our God is an awesome God, He reigns on heaven and earth..." Yeah! So awesome he gives me back my girl! Yeah!

Wedding:
'Your Love Means Everything' by Coldplay- " It was a strange reaction for someone like you to remain on side." Windows Media Player COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.

Birth of first child:
'One Little Slip' by Barenaked Ladies- " One little slip. It was a fusion of confusion with a few confounding things." This is cracking me up! Oh my gawsh! Hahahaha!

Final battle:
'All Downhill From Here' by New Found Glory- "Catalyst, you insist to pull me down. You contradict the fact that you still want me around. And it's all downhill from here." I'm still laughing at the previous song. Why do I have to go to battle?

Death scene:
'Jump' by The Faders- "Why dont you just jump, now you're out of time and they know what you can do." It's as if I committed suicide after listening to a pop song.

Funeral song:
'Beautiful Day' by U2- "It's a beautiful day. Sky falls, you feel like it's a beautiful day. Don't let it get away." I SERIOUSLY want this for my funeral song. Seriously!

Ending credits:
'Here We Go Again' by Paramore- "And here we go again. With all the things we said." This is the part where Nielle gets excited when she watches the movie.

Conclusion: A good share of diversity in music. But extremely 'potong-stim' songs and no Switchfoot spoils the CD value. Thank God for the killer funeral song that saved everything.

That took quite a while, but it was pretty fun, I must say. Go try it now!

No comments: