Tuesday, August 12, 2008

#316: Dear Mathilda

Dear Mathilda,

Without a doubt you have played a crucial role in me becoming who I am. Whether it was for the better I do not know, but I do know this- you have changed my life.

It's been bittersweet knowing you. From the times where you put a smile on my face to the (hypothetical) tears and pain I had to go through just because of our acquaintance are moments that have been etched in my memory of you.

There were the good times, where you were so simple and easy to understand- I liked, or would I dare to say, loved, you then.

But, oh dear Mathilda, the times where you became so complicated when you didn't have to- I tried, but it was just so hard to like you then. Your unreasonable demands- How come you demanded that I direct all my attention to you and no other, but it was okay when other guys made a fuss of you? The unnecessary arguments we had to go through, and the times where I tried to understand you, but you still made no effort to understand ME. I hate to be the bad guy and say this, but it was at moments like these where I lost all my love for you.

I never thought this would happen to me, after all the insults I threw at the 'soap operas' between couples and lovers on blogs, but I think it's only appropriate that I quash all rumors hanging in the air and just be frank...

You and I are a thing of the past.

So I think it's only right, Mathilda that we go our separate ways. God only knows when we'll cross paths again.

Until destiny calls,
Cedric


Cedric finishes MATH 1108 and graduates from high-school math.

12th August 2008

No comments: