Tuesday, September 25, 2007

#175: Bio-Syok


You are a cast-away in Rapture, an underwater Utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces, and hunted down by genetically modified “splicers” and deadly security systems, you have to come to grips with a deadly, mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. No encounter ever plays out the same, and no two gamers will play the game the same way.

-2k Games' Bioshock site

A brilliant, twisted storyline, mind-blowing graphics, amazing game ambiance- Bioshock is THE first person shooter game.

I'm no pro-gamer, but I know a good game when I see one, (AND that's why I don't play Maple) and THIS is a good game. Just released worldwide a month ago, Bioshock got rave reviews and ratings. While my computer couldn't handle the game graphics, Bernard brought his whole (bulky) PC over while he did some configuring on my com, so I got an hour's taste of it.

It simply enchants you into the whole new world of Rapture and its pistol-wielding, wall climbing 'splicers.' (So much that I even jumped out of a chair when one of 'em 'splicers' attacked me out of nowhere)


Extreme gore, self-mutation, rescuing cute (5 year-old) girls, or harvesting them (in other words 'kill')- Bioshock rocks my buttocks!

No comments: