Wednesday, July 4, 2007

#100: I Can Write Emo

I thought I needed no one,
Love had no meaning to me,
I was a boundless spirit,
No care in the world and free.

No one could get to me,
I was cold-hearted- you could say,
I lived like this for years,
Until that fateful day.

The blessed glorious day,
The day I saw your face,
That second our eyes met,
You sent me into space.

The moment was like heaven,
As if we'd never part,
I don't know what you did,
But you got to my heart.

So come- take my hand,
Like you've taken me,
The moon and sun shall stop,
When we're together- like we were meant to be.

There's no other like you,
You're the only one I see,
My only angel,
You mean every little thing to me.

My life is complete,
I've said goodbye to strife,
Now that you're in my stomach,
DESSERT- You are my life.

An (original) ode to one whom I've loved all my life: DESSERT. As of who I'm to love for the rest of my life, your poem has yet to be written.



"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."


Els, I know I owe you a poem, but you owe me a birthday post! (Just be patient- it's worth waiting for)

No comments: