Wednesday, June 13, 2007

#72: Love Stories Don't Stop

From TotallyFiction
Then She Came


Then she came.

Funny how some things can change so fast. She was about to walk past me, making me frantically attempt to morph myself from the reckless ruffian into the cool, mysterious guy sitting on the sidewalk. Miraculously, she turned her head into my direction and walked towards me. With a heart rate of hundred beats per second, it was simply useless to tell myself to cal down. Head spinning, heart thumping, legs trembling, a sudden change of expression in her face made my condition even worse. The spinning in my head turned into to a rollercoaster. My heart now sounded like a big bass drum beating. The sweetest smile I had ever seen spread across her angelic face. It worked. Alas, the smile stayed on her face as she walked past me, without the faintest sense of my presence. My world came crashing down, crushing all the remains of hope. I made no effort to turn around to look at her for one last time. Getting up, I looked at the sky. Clouds made way for the warm sun that smiled down on me. I walked on. Away from her. To the good day that awaited me.


That proves you don't need a girlfriend. For now.

No comments: